Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Reading list

Yeah, I know summer is almost over, but I've been reading a book this weekend that has renewed my excitement in my "eco-efforts."

The book is call "Sara Snow's Fresh Living: The Essential Room-by-Room Guide to a Greener, Healthier Family and Home." I checked it out from my local library and I'm really enjoying it. You may have seen Sara Snow's shows on FitTV or Discovery Health. She exudes calm (I'm sure she does a lot of yoga) and is just fun to watch.

This book is great for people like me who are starting to make some green changes in their lives. Snow defines terms that are often misunderstood like "organic," "natural" and what the Fair Trade certification means. While the book doesn't go into specific product recommendations it does tell you what to avoid and arms you with good information. (her website does feature specific brands)

I definitely recommend this to anyone who is beginning their "green" journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment