Thursday, August 6, 2009

CSA Garden Recipes


Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. We've been in Florida for the past week for a wedding for one of The Hubby's cousins. We had lots of fun and Lola (our Labrador Retriever) got to go swimming in the in-law's pool!

On to today's post. The Hubby suggested I show everyone some of the yummy dishes that we made with produce from our garden and the CSA. He actually started taking pictures of them so I thought I'd share.

For the last few weeks we've gotten plenty of cucumbers so I made some tabbouleh.


Tabbouleh is a Mediterranean salad that is typically made with a grain called bulgur. Of course now I can't find the recipe anymore so I can't give anyone. This particular recipe also used some of the mint from our garden.

One week our CSA bag had a lot of zucchini in it so I made some zucchini muffins.


I love zucchini bread. The Hubby and I usually add a schmear of cream cheese to them. This was a Paula Dean recipe from a cook book my mother gave me. As you can imagine, just like anything from Paula Dean this is not a low-fat recipe.

We used some of the tomatoes and zucchini for a pasta dish.


I always forget how much zucchini cooks down. As you can see I underestimated how much we needed for this amount of pasta.

Here are The Hubby's famous mojitos


We love to have these on a Sunday afternoon. We recently discovered a recipe for a shaken simple syrup. No simmering required. Costco carries bulk organic sugar. It's like the Sugar in the Raw stuff you get in packets (it's brownish) which is why these have cloudy tint to them.

These are the turkey burgers we made with the cayenne peppers.


The cucumber salad was supposed to go on top of the burgers, but we used it as a side instead. After making these we realized that neither of us actually like turkey burgers so we won't be making these again. Since we made them into sliders we used regular dinner rolls. The poppy seed rolls were from Trader Joes. If we ever attempt to make sliders again we'll definitely get them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment